Privacy Statement for PlayDuelo.com
Personal Information we collect
Personal Information is information which can be used to identify an individual. We collect Personal Information any time the Registration Services are used and store it on servers in the United States. Anyone who participates in interactive activities (chat, message boards, contest entry, store purchase, membership program) on Duelo may be asked to register for a member ID. The collection of Personal Information described herein is necessary for use of the Services. This information includes but is not limited to:
- User Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Billing Address
- Date of Birth
- PayPal or Credit Card Information
- Contacts you Submit
- Profile Photo
- Your Preferences – favorite sports, favorite teams, favorite publishers
- Your Betting Activity
- Contest and Promotion submissions
- Survey Responses
- Communications from you
- Any other info you submit to Duelo
In addition to the above, we may need to verify your identity in order for you to use some aspects of the Service. For purposes of verification, we may also collect the following personal information from you (for compliance reasons, provision of this information, when requested, is a mandatory condition of using our Service):
- Drivers License or Passport
- Additional ID requirements
- Temporary and permanent address
- Tax related information
- Any information that’s required to verify you in accordance with applicable laws and regulations
- Mobile device information including operating system and hardware type, numbers or codes that are unique to your particular device (such as IDFA or an Android Ad ID), device information, default device language, the location of your device (at a GPS level), and app usage information. This data also may be linked to your other information, including your location data.
- In addition, if you choose to log in, access or otherwise connect to Duelo, or contact Duelo, through a social networking service (such as Facebook), we may collect your user ID and user name associated with that social networking service, as well as any information you make public using that social networking service. We may also collect information you have authorized the social networking service to share with us (such as your user ID, public profile information, email address, birthday, friends list, and pages you have “liked”).
- Cookies Information: When you visit the Duelo website, we may send one or more cookies – small files – to your computer or other device, which may enable us or others to uniquely identify your browser. Duelo uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. Session cookies are temporary and typically disappear after you close your browser. You may be able to reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Site or Service may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled. To find out more about cookies, including browser-specific instructions on how to restrict or block cookies, go to http://www.allaboutcookies.org. Remember, though, without cookies, users may not be able to take full advantage of all of our website features.
- Log File Information: When you use our Service, our servers may automatically record certain information that your device sends whenever you visit any website and use certain apps. These server logs may include information such as your web or app request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Clear GIFs Information: When you use our Service, we may employ technology such as “clear GIFs” (a.k.a. Web Beacons) which are used to track the online usage patterns of our users. In addition, we may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by specific users.
- Duelo may also collect information about you from third parties, such as marketing partners, identity verification services, anti-fraud services and other service providers.
We collect other information, such as:
- IP address and information about the device used to access the Services
• How and which Services are used
• Information provided to us when you contact us through our website.
Children Under the Age of 18
We do not currently collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of eighteen. Children of any age should always ask a parent for permission before sending personal information to anyone online. If in the future, Duelo collects personally identifiable information from children, it will do so in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (is U.S.C. 6501 et seq.)
How we use Personal Information
Usage and disclosure of Personal Information varies based on a party’s relationship with us. We primarily use this information to provide the Services and related features and to:
- Help personalize our services
- Respond to requests and inquiries
- Facilitate payment transactions
- Provide support services
- Analyze and monitor Services usage and to make improvements
- Help secure the Services, prevent fraud and enforce our policies
- To communicate directly about our offerings, or offerings by our sponsors.
- Perform other activities with consent
- Provide you with products and serives
- Alerting you to new features, special events, products and services, or certain third-party products or services in which we think you will be interested
- Enforcing the legal terms that govern your use of the Service; and
- Investigating and protecting the integrity of Duelo’s contests.
- We use your information to improve the quality and design of our Service and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services such as by storing, tracking, and analyzing user preferences and trends.
We may anonymize, de-identify, or aggregate your information for any legitimate business purposes, including for reporting and research, or advertising. Such anonymized and/or aggregated data does not personally identify you. Sometimes, this information may be used to target more relevant content or offers to you across different devices – for instance, we may provide you with offers and content on your mobile device, based on your web-based activity.
We will retain personal information as long as necessary to fulfill these purposes unless the law requires us to keep it for a longer period of time. To provide security and business continuity for the activities described here, we make backups of certain data, which we may retain for longer than the original data.
We may also use your information (both personal and non-personal information) to send you marketing and advertising content, including sending you advertising through multiple channels, such as direct mail, email, push notifications and display media. We may send you advertising or content regarding our products and services, or products and services that we market on behalf of another company, such as a sports team, a sports venue, or another entity.
We may use your information to communicate to you:
- our products and services in which you may be interested provided that you have not requested otherwise;
- newsletters and information for which you have signed up; and
- non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major changes to the Service or for customer service purposes).
When We Disclose Information
- When you choose to share information with social media services about your activities on Duelo by, for example, connecting your social media account to our Service, then Duelo may share your personal information and information about your use of the Service with such social media sites. Please make sure to read the terms and privacy statements of such sites prior to connecting to our Service in this way.
- When you participate in a contest, we may publish your username on a list of the contest participants, along with a link to your profile page.
- We may publish a profile page that includes your username, the date you became a member, your stats from previous contests and, if you uploaded one, your profile picture. Where you post personal information about yourself through our Service to public areas of our Service, you acknowledge and agree that this personal information will be publicly available.
- We may disclose the information we collect or receive from you to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies, agents, or other businesses, or service providers who process your information on our behalf in order to provide or operate the Service. For instance, these entities may have access to your information for purposes including (but not limited to) billing and accounting, hosting, marketing, promotional and email services, customer and technical support, and for the purpose of accepting deposits and paying withdrawals and processing such information on our behalf, and in each case, may use the information to make improvements to the services they provide to us. Our agreements with these service providers limit the kinds of information they can use or process and require them to use reasonable efforts to keep your personal information secure.
- In the event that you win a promotion run by us we may be required to either publish or make available upon request your name and county in accordance with applicable legislation.
- We may disclose to third parties various types of your information for targeted online or mobile advertising, as further described in the Section titled “Third Party Advertising and Analytics.”
- In the event that you win a prize we may use your personal information (such as your name and photo) in connection with publicity purposes.
- Where you have provided your consent, we may share your personal information with selected third parties for their commercial or marketing use in conjunction with your relationship with Duelo or as part of a specific program or feature.
- We also may share personal information in other situations with your consent.
In the event that Duelo is involved in a merger, acquisition, sale, bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, or other change of control, there may be a disclosure of your personal information to another entity related to such event.
Users can choose not to provide us Personal Information when they use our website(s) or mobile application(s). However, if the information request is not identified as optional and a user chooses to not provide required Personal information, then the user may not be able to use the features of the website or mobile application.
Users can configure their browser to reject cookies, or to notify it when a cookie is set. However, if you reject cookies, the Services may not operate properly.
You can access and update certain personal information Duelo holds about you at any time by logging into your account via the Service. You can update your marketing preferences and whether or not you would like us to send you newsletters in your account. You can also unsubscribe to marketing emails and newsletters by using the ‘unsubscribe’ feature in the communication.
We may occasionally send display media to you, in a targeted way, whether through web or mobile browsers or mobile applications. You may opt out of many third parties that support and send this type of targeting advertising by going to www.aboutads.info, and you may learn more about this type of advertising in the below Section titled “Third Party Advertising and Analytics.” You may opt out of tracking for mobile advertising through the settings on most smartphones, and you may learn more about these settings through those mobile device platforms, i.e., Google (here) and Apple (here). (Please note that these companies may change either the way these settings operate, the content or the availability of these pages.)
We may occasionally send you push notifications to your mobile device. You can turn off certain push notifications in the account settings of your Duelo mobile app. You can also turn off push notifications specific to our Service in the settings on your iOS device, or through the application manager in your Android device.
Subject to some important legal limitations, users in Canada can contact us as described below to make additional requests, such as to request access to, correction or deletion of certain personal information we store; to receive a copy of certain personal information they provided to us in portable form or to request that we share it with a third party; to request restrictions on the use of their personal information; to object to our use of their personal information; or to withdraw consent to use their personal information (which will not affect the legality of any processing that happened before the request takes effect).
For example, Canadian users can contact us to opt out of all processing of their personal information for direct marketing purposes (in addition to the unsubscribe option described here).
You can reach us as described below with any other concerns, requests or complaints regarding our data collection, data use or data transfer. You also have a right to file a privacy complaint with the relevant privacy regulator, but we respectfully invite you to allow us to try to resolve the matter directly. We will attempt to answer your questions and satisfy your concerns in a timely and complete manner.
Legal Grounds for Processing Personal Data
Some laws require companies to tell you about the legal grounds they rely on to process your personal information. To the extent those laws apply, we process your personal information:
Legitimate interests: In many cases, we handle personal data on the ground that it furthers our legitimate interests’ in commercial activities such as the following in ways that are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the affected individuals:
- Customer Service
- Processing job applications
- Managing legal issues
- Protecting our property, personnel, and players
- Analyzing and improving Duelo
We may also process personal data for the legitimate interests of our affiliates or business partners, such as to offer special events or contests or assist with marketing.
Processing for the contract: Some of our processing of personal data is to meet our contractual obligations with our players.
Consent: Where required by law, and in some other cases, we handle personal data on the basis of your implied or express consent.
Legal compliance: We need to use and disclose personal data in certain ways to comply with our legal obligations.
Accessing or editing Personal Information
We may be contacted at the email address at the end of this policy to request access to, or that we update, or correct the Personal Information collected by our Services. Please note, that consistent with local law, we may retain Personal Information for auditing purposes, to troubleshoot problems, assist with investigations, enforce our policies or comply with legal requirements. Please note that we are not responsible for permitting the review, or the updating or deleting Personal Information provided to a third-party, including any social media platform, or wireless service provider.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.
To learn more and to opt out of the collection of data on our website by third parties (including those described above) for interest-based advertising purposes, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices or www.youronlinechoices.com. Note that because this opt out method may be cookie-based, you will need to opt out again if you update or change your browser, or delete your cookies. You can also control interest-based advertising on apps on your mobile device with the AppChoices app, available for iOS and Android. Note that opting out will not affect the quantity of ads you see online but likely will cause the ads to be less relevant to you.
We also that we also work with third-party analytics companies to collect data on our Service through cookies and other automated means. In some cases, the third parties mentioned in this section may maintain the information they collect in personally identifiable form.
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
Whilst neither we, nor any other organization, can guarantee the security of information processed online, we do have appropriate security measures in place to protect your personal information. For example, we store the personal information you provide on computer systems with limited access that are located in facilities to which access is limited.
To further protect your privacy and security, we reserve the right to take reasonable steps (such as requesting your password) to verify your identity before granting you profile access or making corrections.
Additionally, you should ensure your password is kept secret at all times. You will be responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password and account information.
General Privacy Information
Duelo contains links to partners, advertisers and third party Internet sites and services who may collect data in connection with sweepstakes, promotions, ecommerce, etc. They each have separate privacy and data collection practices, independent of Duelo. Duelo has no responsibility or liability for these independent policies or actions and is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily and publicly disclose personal information on any online service or Web site, such as social media pages or message boards, that information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and/or any account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you’re online.
We will retain Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by applicable law or regulation.
What are your rights?
Subject to limitations set out in EEA data protection laws, you have certain rights in respect of your Personal Data. In particular, you have a right of access, rectification, restriction, opposition, erasure and data portability. Please contact us if you wish to exercise these rights. If you wish to complete an access request to all personal data that Duelo holds on you, please note that you will be required to prove your identity.
How to contact us regarding your privacy concerns and questions
If you have questions or comments about our privacy practices, please submit your request in writing to:
1515 7th Street, #210
Santa Monica, CA 90401
If you want us to correct your Information that is stored on our systems:
You may modify your personal information by logging into your account and going to the profile section.
If you have forgotten your password or prefer to speak with a customer service representative to modify your personal information, for the fastest response, email admin@PlayDuelo.co
Subject to our ability to verify your request, we will correct the information within thirty (30) days of receipt of your request.